About Psoriasis SA
Our primary objectives for sufferers is to:
- Offer information about their condition
- Inspire emotional confidence
- Encourage engagement with other affected members
We firmly believe that people with Psoriasis need to know that they’re not alone. That’s why, each of our volunteers have some form of Psoriasis themselves. This makes it easier for them to relate educate and support our members.
SAPSA and the Public
At SAPSA we also want to encourage members of the public to learn more about this condition. For instance, it’s important for non-sufferers to know that people with Psoriasis are prone to developing bouts of depression, which can potentially lead to suicide. Therefore, our aim is to inspire communities to help and educate each other, by:
- Participating in World Psoriasis Day
- Raising funds for medical research
- Drawing attention to advocacy and campaigns
- Eradicating misconceptions about the condition
SAPSA relies on membership fees, sponsorship and fund raisers to cover our operational costs. With your help, we can encourage sufferers of Psoriasis to bravely step into the light, to be seen and heard.